Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Whole New World

         This school year will be the first year I attempt to explore the world of physics. This blog is my aid to others having the same experience, to know that there are other people struggling with physics concepts. I believe that studying physics is important because it helps us to understand the world around us, it helps one to increase their knowledge and find interest in things they've never even thought to question about, and physics can help me to understand and maybe even improve my athletic abilities.
          In physics this year I expect to learn many things, especially about gravity, centrifugal force, and tangential force, which my brother and his classmates from last year spoke abut often. I would also like to learn how physics applies to the sports I enjoy playing.  
          I have many questions which I continue to flip around in my head about physics class this year. The questions I have are how does physics play  its part in sports?, how does physics work in the use of credit card machines? , and what types of experiments will my class and I take part in?
          My goals for this school year are to understand the information so as to make it comprehensible to others , improve my science grade and show improvement throughout the entire school year , and to become a deep learner, (suggestion by my teacher) which means to not just scratch the surface of learning but to dig deep in understand and work ethic.
          

1 comment:

  1. Jasira, I found the fact that you would like to apply physics to your sports very interesting and that is something that didn't even cross my mind. I also want to learn more about gravity and how credit card machines. Something a little different from mine is that you would like to know about other forces. Also, there is one small error I found. In your second paragraph there is a typo of "abut" instead of "about". Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete